Ventricular Refractory Period
The ventricular sense or pace refractory period is triggered after a sensed or paced ventricular event (Vs or Vp).
- the duration of the sense refractory period is 100 ms (non programmable)
- the duration of the pace refractory period is 150 ms (non programmable)
Ventricular Blanking after atrial pacing
The ventricular blanking is triggered after each atrial pulse (Ap).
- the post-atrial pacing ventricular blanking is non programmable (30 ms)
Ventricular safety window
The safety window follows ventricular blanking and lasts 95 ms minus the programmed length of the ventricular blanking.
- in DDD mode, when a ventricular signal is sensed, a ventricular pulse is emitted at the end of the safety window
- in SafeR mode, when a ventricular signal is sensed, no ventricular pulse is emitted at the end of the safety window